The goal of water filtration devices is to remove impurities from water. It is crucial that the pollutants accumulated in the filter, along with non-potable filter materials, not be allowed to dissolve back into the water during the filtration process. In this section you can learn more about the cutting-edge water filtration technologies that improve your well-being every day.
Most household filters are based on industrial-scale water treatment systems. Unfortunately, scaling down leads to a number of unfavorable compromises - these filters are either less effective at cleaning water or don't last very long before needing to be replaced.
AQUAPHOR designed its filters from the ground up toward point-of-use application. Because of this specific approach, AQUAPHOR's filtration technologies and filters based around them are the best suited for household water filtration.
AQUAPHOR Filters exceed the competition by*:
- More effectively removing common impurities (sand, clay, rust)
- More effectively removing organic pollutants (phenols, pesticides, chlorine compounds)
- More effectively removing unpleasant flavors, smells, and films
- More effectively removing heavy metal ions
- Removing colloidal iron (the yellow deposit often found on plumbing fixtures)
- Removing microscopic fauna, bacteria, and viruses
- Increased speed of filtration
* According to test results under the GOST R 51872-2002 standard and corresponding with NSF 42 and NSF 53.
In its search for the highest quality water filtration possible, AQUAPHOR developed and put into use proprietary water purification technologies. Among these is Aqualen - a unique absorbent fiber used in practically all AQUAPHOR filters. Other AQUAPHOR advances include optimal methods of combining granular and fibrous filtration materials, carbon block manufacture, and application of hollow-fiber membranes. Our company's focus on in-house research and development, combined with our uncompromising approach to product quality, has allowed us to justifiably assume technological leadership in the water-purification field.
All this is possible because AQUAPHOR is one of the few water filter manufacturers that assume control over the entire production cycle. At every stage of development and manufacture - from researching the consumer's needs to creating the final product - AQUAPHOR treats quality control with utmost seriousness.